PTT Global Chemical Public Company Limited

 

Thailand

According to the company website, PTT Global Chemical Public Company Limited was founded in October 2011 through the merger of PTT Chemical Public Company Limited and PTT Aromatics and Refining Public Company Limited to serve as the chemical “flagship” of the PTT Group (PTT Website, accessed July 12, 2013).

According to Platts, the company ceased distributing Iran-origin polymers as a result of international sanctions on Iran (Platts, April 20, 2012).

Date: 2005 – Unclear

Deal: Chemical Week reported that the Japanese company Itochu signed a joint venture contract with Siam Cement and PTT to participate in a high-density polyethylene (HDPE) manufacturing joint venture at Bandar Assaluyeh, Iran. The report stipulates that Itochu, Siam and PTT will hold a 60 percent stake in the joint venture, with Iran’s National Petrochemical Corporation holding the remaining 40 percent (Chemical Week, June 8, 2005).

Ties to U.S. Business:

According to USASpending.gov and the Federal Procurement Database, PTT Global Chemical has not received any U.S. government contracts (USASpending.gov, accessed August 13, 2014).

According to the USASpending.gov, PTT Public Company, the parent company of PTT Global Chemical, has received $213,170,001 in federal government contracts since 2001 (USASpending.gov, accessed August 13, 2014).

Last Updated: August 13, 2014